Updated Veterans Services Information
The Department of Veteran Services has updated its information during COVID-19.
New Mexico Dept of Veterans Services
The State of New Mexico provides resources for Veterans through this page.
MFA's Veterans Housing Rehabilitation/Modification Program provides home repairs or accessibility modifications to eligible disabled veterans who lack the resources to do so.
- Energy-saving measures that help improve the efficiency of the heating and cooling of the home and reduce utility bills
- Hazard reduction for elderly or disabled individuals who are at risk of falling such as installing ramps or rails in bathrooms
- Disabled persons accessibility modifications that include installing handrails and ramps or widening doors
- Physical modifications to also allow a veteran’s emergency caregiver to live with the veteran
- Repair or replacement of major housing systems such as furnaces, Ducting or water heaters
- General and essential property improvements that are non-luxury in nature that include roof replacement and mobile home replacement
- Measures that bring a home up to code or into compliance
- Utility connections
Important Information about the Veterans Housing Rehabilitation/Modification Program
To qualify for the veterans rehabilitation program, household income must not exceed 80 percent of the Area Median Income adjusted for location and household size. Click here to see if you qualify.
In addition, the value of the home to be rehabilitated must fall within program guidelines. Click here to find the home value limit for your area of the state.